The governor of Baja California, Jaime Bonilla, assured on Sunday in a videoconference that he could not prevent Eduardo Vega Zamora, director of Well-being of the municipality of Ensenada from celebrating his wedding last Saturday, May 16 Despite restrictions due to coronavirus, after the images of the event that summoned dozens of guests were disseminated through social networks.
During the daily report by the head of the local executive to inform the population about the progress of the virus, he noted that he received a comment about the celebration that took place in Ensenada, which was attended by around 100 people: "Bad done, but we also can't tell people not to get married. I think he had very few guests per se, but in any case, they look very bad, especially as an official of the Ensenada City Council, "he said.
The state president said that the only thing that can be done is advise the population to follow hygiene and social distancing recommendations to mitigate the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. In the same way, he asked citizens not to hold meetings and look for other options, using technology to celebrate or communicate with their loved ones.
It should be noted that according to the latest data from the Ministry of Health, in Baja California there are 3,255 positive cases accumulated by coronavirus and 554 deaths. As for the patients who reported symptoms in the last 14 days, the figures point to the existence of 425 active cases. Jaime Bonilla said in the videoconference that "89% of confirmed cases in Baja California are ambulatory, the remaining 11% are recovering in a hospital"
On the other hand, the undersecretary of Prevention and Health Promotion, Hugo López-Gatell, announced that, until this Sunday, 49,219 positive cumulative cases have been recorded nationwide, of which 11,105 are active
Also, the official addressed the issue of the return to the "new normal", a strategy that was announced by the federal government to gradually reactivate the economic, social and educational life of the country after the health emergency by COVID-19. On this he stated that it does not mean that From June 1, it will return precipitously to normalityThis will depend on the epidemic activity of each state of the Republic.
And, despite the fact that the fatal victims of the epidemic in Mexico have added 5,177, some cases of people who have successfully overcoming the disease show signs of hope to the thousands of patients who are facing the disease.
In this way, the Mexican Social Security Institute (IMSS) reported through its Twitter account that The first patient with COVID-19 was released from the Hermanos Rodríguez Autodrome Expansion Hospital.
Mr. Luis, informed the agency "will continue to recover at home with all the recommendations of the #FamiliaIMSS". Said patient was admitted to hospital facilities on May 14 with mild symptoms of coronavirus and, to applause, his discharge was authorized this Sunday. He acknowledged that the Social Security health personnel did "very good work" for which he thanked them.
The space enabled in the sports complex has the capacity to serve 854 patients requiring oxygen therapywhose symptoms are mild to moderate and 36 places for intensive therapy, areas for adequate performance of the medical and laboratory bodies, as well as what is necessary for the safe transfer of patients to intensive care. Patients who enter the facilities, with symptoms of COVID-19, do so by ambulance and with an order of care from other hospitals.
MORE ABOUT THIS TOPIC
Coronavirus in Mexico: 5,177 deaths and 49,219 confirmed cases
Between applause and hope: the first patient with COVID-19 was discharged from the Hermanos Rodríguez Autodrome
Crematories collapse in CDMX and victims of COVID-19 wait in refrigerated trucks