Clickbait is a thriller-drama television shows that Christian White and Tony Ayres created for Netflix. Ayres acts as the showrunner, while Emma Freeman, Laura Besley, Brad Anderson, and Ben Young are the directors.
Clickbait discusses the unfavorable aspects of social media. The major plot is on a father who goes missing and then turns up in a video holding a sign that says he will pass away after the video has been seen by five million individuals.
The majority of the show’s shooting took place in Melbourne, Australia, despite its Oakland, California, setting.
In addition to David Heyman, Michael McMahon, Brad Anderson, and Bradford Winters, Ayres and Winchester serve as the show’s executive producers. Tom Hoffie and Joanna Werner serve as the show’s producers.
Viewers were quickly captivated by Clickbait when it debuted on Netflix in August 2021 with its Black Mirror-like story of the internet gone too far.
Nick Brewer, a normal Joe, vanishes off the face of the planet before reappearing online with a notice that says, “I abuse women,” which has the police & his family scrambling to find the truth. Set the stage for a series of surprises, involving abduction, murder, and more.
But will the narrative be revisited? Here is all the information you require about Clickbait season two.
Clickbait Season 2 Release Date:
Although it was only released in late August, the Netflix program is still well-liked. Right now, predicting the start of a new season may be impossible.
Anyhow, it shouldn’t come as a surprise if the show is given the green light for Season 2. If Netflix decides to provide us another chance, our earliest estimate is late 2022.
Tony Ayres, one of the show’s creators, may have also disclosed to a news outlet that he had ideas for more seasons.
The second season of Clickbait has not yet been ordered. The second installment of Clickbait is likely to be picked up for 2023 very shortly.
Clickbait Season 2 Trailer Release:
Since the creators have not yet decided to order a second season, there is no trailer for Clickbait Season 2. If you haven’t seen the first season yet, you may view the trailer on YouTube.
Clickbait Season 2 Cast:
- Zoe Kazan as Pia Brewer, Nick’s younger sister
- Betty Gabriel as Sophie Brewer, Nick’s wife
- Phoenix Raei as Roshan Amiri, an Oakland Police Department detective
- Abraham Lim plays Ben Park, a ruthless reporter and associate producer for GBZ Online who follows Nick’s case and is determined to interview the family.
- Adrian Grenier plays Nick Brewer, a family man who went missing after a video of him holding a sign that says, “I abuse women,”, then a second sign that says, “AT 5 MILLION VIEWS, I die,” went viral online, and he failed to show up to work that morning.
- Motell G. Foster plays Curtis Hamilton, a former colleague of Sophie’s with whom she had an affair.
- Jessie Collins as Emma Beesly, a woman who claimed to be Nick’s mistress
- Camaron Engels as Ethan Brewer, Sophie, and Nick’s older son
- Jaylin Fletcher as Kai Brewer, Sophie, and Nick’s younger son
- Liz Alexander is Andrea Brewer, Pia, and Nick’s mother.
- Becca Lish is Dawn Gleed, the administration manager at the Merritt Sports Performance Center.
- Wally Dunn as Ed Gleed, Dawn’s husband
- Ian Meadows as Matt Aldin, Nick’s best friend and colleague at the Merritt Sports Performance Center
- Steve Mouzakis as Det. Zach De Luca
- Jack Walton plays Vince, a patient of Pia who helps her find out what happened to Nick.
- Kate Lister as Jeannine Murphy
- Adel Della Massa as Paula
- Emily Goddard plays Linda, the administration coordinator at the Merritt Sports Performance Center.
- Mia Challis as Jenny
- Ezra Bix as Det. Josephson
- Salme Geransar, as Det. Majano
- Dean Cartmel, as Det. Feldman
- Jake Unsworth as Colin Howard
- Akosia Sabet as Bailey Quinn
- Renee Lim as Alice, Sophie’s friend who is also her attorney
- Alexis Watt as Jessica Centeno
Clickbait Season 2 Storyline:
There is no details available about the upcoming season of Clickbait since the producers have not yet announced that it will return for a second season.
The plot will pick up where the first season left off if the show’s creators decide to return for another run in the future.
For three weeks last year, the debut season of Clickbait was among the most watched television programs in the US.
Additionally, it held the record in the US and the UK the same year and was one of the most watched shows on Netflix at the time.
Reported to the Sydney Morning Herald, it took over the top rank on Netflix in almost 20 different nations.
Tony Ayers, the show’s creator, said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that he has plans “for a season 2 or three of them,” and Grenier agrees that there is room for more.
“I think a lot regarding what the series is about is views and incentives,” he said to Metro. “This may continue for a while. I mean, I believe it will continue to disintegrate, becoming more intricate and fascinating.
We were informed that Nick had passed just as the end credits rolled. No mystery there—Dawn had been catfishing, and it was her spouse Ed who had struck Nick in the head.
But as we’ve already said, it’s always possible to turn this into a series of anthologies with a completely different plot and cast.
What is likely to happen in the subsequent season given the range of surprises in this miniseries? It’s believed that Season 2 will maintain the series’ varied perspectives and motivations.
It probably will be more difficult and exciting. The only conclusion we can get from the epilogue is that Ed, Dawn’s husband, murdered Nick. Dawn had indulged in catfishing over there.
This plot takes a lot of flips and turns, involving murder and abduction. One of the famous individuals, Nick Brewer, disappears from the earth’s surface before turning up online with a sign that says, “I ABUSE WOMEN,” which prompts his family and the police to rush to learn the truth. Even the casual observer will be intrigued by the following show of turns.
Where To Watch Clickbait Season 2?
Since the creators have not yet renewed the series, you cannot view Clickbait season two online on any kind of streaming platform.
However, Netflix, an American membership video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service, is where you can watch the first season of Clickbait.