Earthquake: 7.7-magnitude powerful earthquake in Jamaica, tsunami threat
Miami, AFP. The tremors of the earthquake were felt in the Caribbean Sea between Jamaica and eastern Cuba on Tuesday. According to the US Geological Survey, its intensity on the Richter scale has been measured at 7.7. The risk of a tsunami has increased in the area following a powerful earthquake. However, it is a matter of relief that no casualty has been reported so far.
"Hazardous" tsunami waves possible after 7.7 magnitude earthquake hits Caribbean off Jamaica, reports AFP news agency quoting US scientists. https://t.co/4ZqqtPdbGK "rel =" nofollow
- ANI (@ANI)
January 28, 2020
Following the earthquake, US scientists have predicted a dangerous tsunami in the coastal areas of Cuba and Jamaica. The depth of this earthquake was 10 kilometers below the surface. The earthquake was centered 140 kilometers northwest of Montego Bay and Jamaica, and 140 kilometers west-south of Nicervo, Cuba.
More than one lakh twenty thousand deaths due to corona worldwide, army can be deployed in Russia
At the same time, the Jamaica Observer newspaper in Kingston said that the earthquake was felt in several islands, which lasted for several seconds. During the earthquake, people came out of the houses on the road due to fear.
Know why earthquake comes
The top surface of the earth is made up of seven tectonic plates. Wherever these plates collide with each other, there is a risk of earthquake.
Avoid doing this during an earthquake
ASEAN countries discuss tackling Kovid-19 crisis, said- will severely affect socio-economic situation
- Do not use elevators during earthquakes.
- Use the stairs instead of the lift to go outside.
- If you are stuck somewhere, do not run.
- If you are driving a vehicle or any vehicle, stop it immediately.
- When driving, stop the car on the roadside away from the bridge.
- When the earthquake strikes, immediately go to the safe and open ground.
In case of earthquake, move away from heavy things kept above the windows, cupboards, fans etc.
Corona Effect: If Corona had not come, then wild animals could not be seen roaming the streets
What is richter scale
Vibration in the ground during an earthquake is called the Richter scale or Magnitude. The full name of the Richter scale is the Richter Results Test (Richter Magnitude Test Scale). The higher the earthquake's intensity on the Richter scale, the greater the vibration in the land. As the intensity of the earthquake increases, the damage is also greater. For example, an earthquake of magnitude 8 on the Richter scale will do more damage. An earthquake of 3 or 4 magnitude will be mild.
The world is battling the Corona epidemic, but North Korea is staging cruise missiles in the Japan Sea
What can be the effect according to the intensity of the earthquake
- Earthquake with intensity ranging from 0 to 1.9 is detected only by seismograph.
- An earthquake of magnitude 2 to 2.9 causes only mild vibration.
- During an earthquake of 3 to 3.9 magnitude, it seems that a truck has passed by you.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 4 to 4.9 can break windows.
- Home furnishings can move at an intensity of 5 to 5.9.
All meetings of the United Nations General Assembly postponed or canceled due to the outbreak of COVID-19
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 6 to 6.9 can cause cracks in the foundations of buildings.
- An earthquake with a magnitude of 7 to 7.9 can collapse buildings.
- Bigger bridges can also fall when earthquakes of magnitude 8 to 8.9 occur.
Earthquakes of magnitude greater than 9 can cause complete devastation. A tsunami can also occur if the sea is close
1: Manish pandey
Download 1 app and get job alerts, jokes, shayari, radio and other service with all news of news world
- # world
- # other
- # Earthquake in Jamaica
- # Earthquake in Cuba
- # Earthquake
- # Tsunami Alert
- # Earthquake
- # Tsunami
- # International News
- # Other