Among the most famous and influential faces of Hollywood, George Clooney over the years has achieved enormous success both as an actor and as a producer and director. Waiting to set your sights on his The Midnight Sky, coming to Netflix on December 23rd, here are 5 curiosities you may not know about his life and career.
- In childhood he suffered from Bell's palsy, a condition that causes the inability to control the facial muscles on the affected side. Because of this disease he was bullied by his peers.
- He was named among the 100 most influential people in the world by Tim magazine for four consecutive years in 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009. He's also been nominated twice by People as "Sexiest Man Alive" (which this year fell to Creed star Michael B. Jordan).
- In the 90s he auditioned for part of JD in Thelma & Louise, a role that was assigned to a very young Brad Pitt. The actor revealed that his disappointment with the choice was such that he could not watch the film for more than two years.
- For 18 years his pet was a black pig named Max, which was given to them by actress Kelly Preston during their time together. Clooney said Max, who died in 2006 of natural causes, saved his life by waking him up during the California earthquake in 1994.
- Despite being one of the most cited and derided stars by South Park, the actor has always been a great lover of the animated series and personally asked creator Trey Parker to take part in an episode of the show. He initially voiced Stan's gay dog Sparky in the episode "Gay is Handsome", while later voiced Dr. Gouache in South Park - The Movie: Bigger, Longer & Whole.
For more information, we refer you to our special on the best interpretations of George Clooney: from Michael Clayton to Bitter Paradise.