Former producer Harvey Weinstein is accused of abusing a total of eleven women and if convicted, it could go up to 140 years in prisonHe has undoubtedly fallen out of favor after receiving a conviction in New York.
Harvey Weinstein was indicted once again last Friday in Los Angeles for the abuse of two women, for which he now faces 11 counts of agr3sion involving five women in California while the former movie mogul is serving a prison sentence in New York.
Weinstein was charged with three new counts of rape and three new counts of forced oral copulation involving two women, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office said.
It has been an amended criminal complaint which alleges that Weinstein abused a woman in a Beverly Hills hotel between September 2004 and September 2005, and another woman twice between November 2009 and November 2010, also in a Beverly Hills hotel. Hills.
Harvey Weinstein has always maintained that all his physical encounters throughout his life have been consensual. That has not changed. At this time we cannot comment on the additional charges until we know more about them, "said Weinstein's spokesman, Juda Engelmayer.
At the moment, the 68-year-old former film producer is serving a 23-year prison sentence in New York after being convicted last February of the rape and sexual assault of two women.
Los Angeles prosecutors have begun the extradition process to face charges, however last month they agreed to delay attempts to bring him to California because of the pandemic.
It is noteworthy that Weinstein was diagnosed with COVID-19 earlier this year while serving time in a maximum security prison near Buffalo, New York.
And now his next extradition hearing is scheduled for December 11.
In California, Weinstein was first charged with rape in January, just as his trial began in New York, and more counts were added in April.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and get more from Show News!
He is now charged with four counts of rape, four counts of forced oral copulation, two counts of sexual assault for restraint, and one count of sexual penetration by use of force.
The counts involve five women and come from events in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills from 2004 to 2013 and the charges combined could bring a maximum of 140 years in prison if convicted.
The Silence Breakers, a women's group that includes many of the first to speak publicly against Weinstein, said they are "pleased to see the wheels of justice continue to turn in Los Angeles."
It takes a great deal of courage to be part of a trial, and we stand in solidarity with the heroic women who have come forward to seek the justice they deserve. We have always said that they will not silence us. Today's news shows once again that our voices matter and have been heard, "they said.
It should be remembered that the charges came from a task force established by District Attorney Jackie Lacey to investigate sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry after the initial wave of allegations against Weinstein in the media in the fall of 2017. gave force to the #MeToo movement.
The task force had little to show for its work in its first two years, taking on more than 20 cases involving leading entertainment figures, yet refusing to press charges in most of them.
This year, however, the task force has brought charges of rape and sexual aggression against Weinstein, actor Ron Jeremy and film producer David Guillod in a joint operation with Santa Barbara County.
The district attorney's office also recently filed rape charges against "That '70s Show" actor Danny Masterson, although that investigation predates the task force.
It may interest you: Harvey Weinstein: victims will receive a millionaire amount of compensation