Tonight back on TV The wings of Freedom, the famous 1995 film written and directed by Frank Darabont starring Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, and based on the iconic story by Stephen King. So here are some things you almost certainly don't know about this famous film.
- In the original story, Red is an Irishman in his fifties with red hair, for this reason actors of the caliber of Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Paul Newman e Robert Redford. The director, however, did not want to hear reasons and wanted at all costs to assign this role to Morgan Freeman.
- Andy's role should have gone to instead Tom Hanks. However, the beloved actor was forced to refuse due to the filming of Forrest Gump. For the part, To were then taken into considerationm Cruise, Matthew Broderick, Nicolas Cage, Kevin Costner, Johnny Depp e Charlie Sheen. However, the choice ultimately fell to Tim Robbins.
- Just the latter, to get the best of Andy Dufresne, decided to be put voluntarily in isolation to try to understand the feelings felt by a man locked up in prison.
- Whenever hands are framed in The Wings of Freedom, they are actually those of the director. Even in the opening scene, when Andy is seen loading the revolver, the hands being filmed are in fact those of Frank Darabont.
- Stephen King never cashed the production check for the transfer of copyrights, indeed, several years later, he decided to send this framed check to the director himself, stressing that if he ever needed the money he could use it.
Speaking of Morgan Freeman, in the past few hours we have told you about a bizarre theory that runs on his account.