There are many of series like Taboo Tattoo that focus on action and explore topics like martial arts and superheroes. Seigi, a middle schooler with martial arts training who feels compelled to defend others less able to defend themselves, is the protagonist. The day he rescued a homeless guy from a group of punks flipped his world upside down. The guy tattooed a hidden weapon for Seigi as thanks for his help.
Taboo Tattoo was originally Shinjirou’s brainchild as a Japanese action seinen manga series. The first installment appeared in the November 2009 issue of Monthly Comic Alive, published by Media Factory. Before the series ended on June 27, 2017, the manga’s chapters had been collected into a total of thirteen tankobon volumes.
Since January 26, 2016, Yen Press has started publishing the Taboo Tattoo manga in English, while the Doki-Doki imprint of Bamboo Edition has been publishing it in French. Therefore, the manga’s appeal extends beyond Japan’s borders.
Taboo Tattoo Season 2 Renewal Status
The producers of the anime have made no decision on a second season. Due to limited viewing and bad ratings, the producers may be hesitant to order a second season. Despite some positive and negative reviews, this anime has a relatively low approval rating among audiences. This raises the possibility that the creators will remain silent about the show’s cancellation.
Taboo Tattoo Season 2 Release Date
There has been no official word on whether or not Taboo Tattoo will return for a second season. There is still content to adapt from the original manga version series, and that’s not even adding the possibility of unique storylines, so the fate of a second season is up in the air six years after the first aired. Despite this, Taboo Tattoo was a fascinating show, and a second season is feasible (though doubtful) given what we know today.
Taboo Tattoo Story
Seigi obtains a mysterious tattoo from a homeless guy he helped escape from some goons. This decision sets into motion a chain of events that will thrust Seigi into the center of a struggle between a special U.S. Army unit and the Kingdom of Selinistan for the possession of “Power Crests,” ancient relics that may tip the scales of power.
Taboo Tattoo Cast
- Justice “Seigi” Akatsuka Voiced by: Makoto Furukawa(Japanese); Justin Briner(English)
- Bluesy “Izzy” Fruesy Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu(Japanese); Monica Rial (English)
- Tōko Ichinose Voiced by: Chika Anzai(Japanese); Jad Saxton(English)
- Tom Shredfield Voiced by: Tomokazu Sugita(Japanese); Chris Bevins(English)
- Lisa Lovelock Voiced by: Eri Kitamura(Japanese); Jamie Marchi(English)
- Colonel Sanders Voiced by: Tesshō Genda(Japanese); Christopher Sabat(English)
- Souha Tamaki Voiced by: Nobuyuki Hiyama(Japanese); Ricco Fajardo(English)
- Brad Blackstone “BB” Voiced by: Toshiyuki Morikawa(Japanese); J. Michael Tatum(English)
- Professor Wiseman Voiced by: Show Hayami(Japanese); Jeremy Schwartz(English)
- Aryabhata “Arya” Voiced by: Akari Kitō(Japanese); Carli Mosier(English)
- Iltutmish “Il” Voiced by: Shiori Izawa(Japanese); Sarah Wiedenheft(English)
- Cal Shekar Voiced by: Hitomi Nabatame(Japanese); Rachel Robinson(English)
- R.R. Lurker Voiced by: Kenjiro Tsuda(Japanese); Andrew Love(English)
- Kujuri Voiced by: Ai Kayano(Japanese); Tia Ballard(English)
Taboo Tattoo Season 2 Plot
Fans are holding out hope for a second season despite the show’s questionable renewal chances. They want to hear from the producers officially because they want to see the anime end the right way. There has been much conjecture that the producers are already hard at work on Season 2.
Is it possible that Season 2 of “Taboo Tattoo” will premiere before the year 2023 comes to a close? Though it’s possible, keep in mind that nothing is set in stone until it’s formally stated. Fans should keep a look out for more developments from the studio.
Taboo Tattoo Season 2 Trailer
There has been no confirmation either way as to whether or not Taboo Tattoo will return for a second season. Therefore, a preview for Season 2 is not yet available to you. The studio has to make an official renewal announcement for the program before a trailer can be published. They have plenty of time to catch up on Season 1 and speculate about what will happen in Season 2 in the meantime.
Taboo Tattoo Season 1 Rating
Overall, critics have not been kind to Taboo Tattoo, as seen by the 5.74/10 on MyAnimeList, the 5.4/10 on IMDB, and the 3.4/5 on Crunchyroll. This is an indication of the show’s unfavorable critical and audience reaction.
Season 2 of “Taboo Tattoo” is torn between hope and doubt as its future approaches. While there is optimism in the shape of existing canon and devoted fans, we must still wait for word from the creators. Fans have been wondering whether Season 2 of “Taboo Tattoo” would ever be made since, until then, very little is known about the show’s universe.