Tonight back on TV Sopravvissuto - The Martian 2015 film directed and produced by Ridley Scott based on Andy Weir's 2011 novel The Man from Mars. The story stars astronaut Mark Watney, played by Matt Damon, who is accidentally left on Mars as he is believed dead.
- The NASA has made a fundamental contribution to this film, collaborating with the director and the scriptwriter and trying to make it as realistic as possible. The main actors had the chance to meet real astronauts and Ridley Scott was also allowed to film the take-off of the spaceship Orion in 2014.
- Michael Mooney and Jany Yates, two space experts, worked extensively to recreate the costumes and all the accessories worn by the actors. The inspiration obviously came from the actual astronauts clothing. Attempts were made to make them lighter and more functional but they were not entirely successful. Matt Damon's helmet alone weighed 4 kg.
- From an ebook by Andy Weir published as an ebook for only 99 centsi came up with a film with a budget of over 108 million dollars.
- obviously The Martian was not filmed on Mars, but first in Budapest, in the Korda Studios, the largest soundstages in the world and then in Jordan, in the Wadi Rum desert, perfect for recreating the red planet.
- The dangerous storm scene could not have happened on Mars, as the wind could never reach the speed of 109 km / h.
If you feel like it, check out our review of The Martian.