The news of our weekly Marvel Comics compilation is undoubtedly marked by the New York Comic Con, and since the beginning of the week the matter has been primed with different teasers. The truth is that it has been an agitated Comic Con in terms of comics, as the publishing house has marked the path for its universe for 2020.
The main headlines that we can highlight are:
- Star announced, Captain Marvel spin-off
- The End line returns in 2020
- Iron Man 2020 series of six numbers announced
- Gameverse expands with Black Cat
- Relaunch of Guardians of the Galaxy by 2020
- New creative team for Thor
- Dawn of X Preview and Wolverine Solo Series Announced
- Chris Claremont works on a secret project by 2020
- Star Wars relaunch for 2020
- One-shots of Ruins of Ravencroft
- Association of Marvel and Warhammer for new line of comics in 2020
Let's get started!
Star announced, Captain Marvel spin-off
The pages of "Captain Marvel" from Kelly Thompson Y Carmen Ram They left us with the presentation of a new hero: Star. His origins and connections with Carol are quite important, and now Marvel is going to give him the opportunity to have his own series. From January, this limited series of five numbers written by Thompson and with an artist yet to be announced will arrive.
The character first appeared in “Captain Marvel # 8” July and according to a Marvel announcement "the mystery surrounding his identity combined with an impressive character design by artist Carmen Carnero had readers crying out to learn more about who he was."
The excitement surrounding Star has been a lot of fun to see, ”Thompson says in a statement. And there is still a big surprise in ‘Captain Marvel # 11’ at the end of this month ... and it is the kind of surprise that a mini-series like this one demands to explore the mysteries that surround it and its importance and potential in the great Marvel Universe.
Marvel also describes the reaction to the new character by the retail community as "overwhelming."
The End line returns in 2020
This next January will leave us on line return The end Marvel with six new one-shot that will tell the "last adventures" of Captain America, Doctor Strange, Miles Morales, Venom, Captain Marvel and Deadpool.
Embracing the near future to the end of the universe, from happily ever after to the depths of despair, these unforgettable and surprising stories follow our heroes to their natural and unnatural conclusions - let's look at Marvel's description.
The six numbers are:
Captain Marvel: The End # 1
Writer: Kelly Thompson
Artist: Georges Jeanty
Fifty years ago, Carol Danvers delved deep into the cosmos to spread peace and justice and since then she has not seen a familiar face. What happened to the planet he once called home?
Doctor Strange: The End # 1
Writer: Leah Williams
Artist: Filipe Andrade
The Supreme Sorcerer makes his last trip through a cyberpunk who forgot about magic!
Miles Morales: The End # 1
Writer: Saladin Ahmed
Artist: Damion Scott
Humanity makes its last stop in the only place strong enough to survive: BROOKLYN. The former Spider-Man, Miles Morales, leads the last bastion of civilization into the future!
Captain America: The End # 1
Writer: Erik Larsen
Artist: Erik Larsen
Steve Rogers struggles to survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland populated by hordes of Red Skulls!
Deadpool: The End # 1
Writer: Joe Kelly
Artist: Mike Hawthorne
Wade Wilson may seem tireless, but there is more than one way to end it ... but don't believe in my word!
Venom: The End # 1
Writer: Adam Warren
The alien symbiote who joined Eddie Brock has been through many things…. but not as much as he has come. In a queue that literally spans more than a trillion years, Venom travels space and time as the last defender of life in the universe!
Iron Man 2020 series of six numbers announced
Marvel has been advancing the return to the world of Machine Man 2020 and Iron Man 2020 for some time. Before the NYCC everything was advanced with an artist teaser Inhyuk Lee where we see Iron Man 2020 on the grave of his adopted brother, Tony Stark, aka Iron Man. This knowing that the December comic "Tony Stark: Iron Man # 19 ″ advances the "death" of Tony saying "What happens if there is no Tony Stark? What if there is only Iron Man? announcing a “new Iron Age” in 2020. This number also marks the end of the series. In the comic "Tony Stark: Iron Man # 16" September, Tony was apparently fused with his armor thanks to Ultron.
Finally, the series was announced on Friday’s panel "Iron Man 2020", where Tony's adoptive brother, Arno Stark will take the position of Iron Man next year in a new six number event of the writers Dan slott Y Christos Gage and the artist Pete Woods. This series will resume where the current one ends "Tony Stark: Iron Man", which as we said will end this December.
Everything we've been doing has been building this, ”Slott said during the panel.
Originally introduced in the 1984 Machine Man limited series, the then future Iron Man of 2020 (Arno Stark) visited the present. Next January we will be in 2020, and therefore, now Iron Man 2020.
The gameverse expands with Black Cat
Game history “Marvel’s Spider-Man” Insomniac Games will continue in the pages of Marvel Comics for 2020 with a new title focused on the character Black Cat, sometimes villain, sometimes friend and even love interest of Spider-Man who already had his appearance in the game through the DLCs.
Announced during the Spider-Man panel, “Spider-Man: The Black Cat Strikes” It is the latest in a growing line of titles based on Marvel games published under the "Gameverse" umbrella. The writer Dennis "Hopeless" Hallum and the artist Luca Maresca They do so as a continuation of the Velocity and City at War DLC’s and, of course, the original PlayStation 4 game.
The description of the comic is as follows:
THE FORMIDABLE FELICIA HARDY AND AN IMPACTING DISCLOSURE
As if the events of MARVEL’S SPIDER-MAN: VELOCITY and CITY AT WAR were not distressing enough, Spider-Man is in the midst of a gang war in New York City. But while bumping into people like Hammerhead and Maggia, the unexpected comeback of the old name Felicia Hardy, also known as Black Cat, sets the world of Spider-Man on fire.
The heroic days of Black Cat are long gone, but what is the secret behind the treasures he is stealing? And why would Spider-Man let her go? Immerse yourself in stories never before told about the relationship between Spider-Man and Black Cat, and a shocking ending.
Via information | Newsarama
Relaunch of Guardians of the Galaxy by 2020
Another relaunch between hands, knowing that Al Ewing and Juan Cabal will be responsible for making a new Guardians of the Galaxy series from January 2020.
We are playing with all space empires, all things of the high cosmic space, we are crushing everything together ... things are coming, ”says Ewing.
Guardians of the Galaxy It is a high octane action adventure with an evolutionary backdrop of interstellar politics, intrigue and suspense. The war is coming - and if the Guardians cannot stop it, they will be right in the middle ...
Ewing's turn on Marvel's flagship cosmic title is undoubtedly intense, putting the Guardians at the center of a new intergalactic war and facing the latest threats facing the galaxy, including the reborn Dark Gods of Olympus Says the Marvel ad.
The description of the first number scheduled for January is as follows:
Once they were a team of misfits. Now they are a family, and they have earned their peace. But the universe is not a peaceful place, and it is only getting worse. The Great Empires are in turmoil. The rule of law is dead. And in the midst of chaos, the gods of Olympus have returned - omens of a new era of war, reborn to burn their mark on the stars themselves. Someone has to protect the galaxy, but who will accept the mission? And will they survive?
The guardians who will be in the series are for the moment a mystery but from the promotional image it seems that we will have Star Lord, Moondragon and Nova.
New creative team for Thor
It also opens a new stage for Thor in the comics from 2020. The writer Donny Cates and the artist Nic Klein they will launch a new series in progress of Thor, with the return in addition to the colorist Matthew Wilson to the world of Thor.
The trio will take over after the departure of writer Jason Aaron, who has written multiple volumes of Thor's adventures since 2012. In this new stage, Cates and Thor de Klein will face the God of Thunder against a new threat called the Black Winter.
In all my wildest dreams, I could never have imagined a world in which Thor was worthy of writing, ”Cates acknowledges. From Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, to the legendary stage that I am so foolishly following by the great Jason Aaron, it is an honor to enter the golden halls of Asgard, and pave the way (far beyond the fields we know ...) for the God of Thunder himself. Know that I will give my best, believers. For all of you. By Asgard. Forever.
Every comic I write for this company, I try to make it the biggest and coolest comic I can, ”says Cates. Matt Fraction once said that all Thor comics should sound like Zeppelin. Well, I want mine to be like Norwegian black metal.
The description of the first number is as follows:
The prince is now a king. All Asgard kneel before Thor, the God of Thunder. And after many months of war, the Ten Kingdoms are finally at peace. But the heavens over the Eternal Kingdom are never cleared for a long time. Black Winter is coming. And the God of the Storm will be impotent before her.
They have also confirmed that the closing of the Aaron stage will present an edition that has all his former Thor collaborators joining him for a celebratory edition.
Dawn of X preview and solo series for Wolverine
The mutants have not been left out of Comic Con with the Dawn of X panel Held yesterday Saturday. Ed Brisson ("New Mutants"), Tini Howard (“Excalibur”), Benjamin Percy ("X-Force"), as well as the editor of the X-Men group Jordan D. White and the Marvel Editor in Chief C.B. Cebulski were present in this panel dedicated to Dawn of X.
Obviously, a review of the different series that make up this new stage of the X-Men in the comics, leaving us the following advances of the next number that are to come:
- White has ensured that “Powers of X # 6” will not undo anything from status quo of this series, ensuring that "The mutants are no longer dying ...".
- Related to "X Men", the editor of X-Men has advanced that Cyclops will choose people for the missions he needs to move forward, and that at number 5, the X-Men will go to a world economic summit.
When people ask Hickman who is in the book, he says everyone, ”Cebulski said. This is the comic where anyone can appear at any time. Cyclops is going to gather several teams for any mission that comes along, and this is endless action.
- As to "Maruaders", we will see Kitty Pryde and her team working under Hellfire Trading Company. White also promises a lot of Emma Frost content in the series, and Hickman points out that that Dawn of X comic is the one that most links to the future of the X-Men.
- Relating to “Excalibur”Howard pointed out that mutants build things that cultures are not able to do until they are able to flourish. Howard has also commented that he is starting to work with many characters he loves and "a great blue idiot." Howard says his book also has a trip to the Apocalypse.
They can do art and magic and that's what this story is about. It is also the story of Betsy Braddock who has recently divorced a body that was not his and that is adrift on the island of Krakoa ...
If you have followed my work on Thanos and Death’s Head, you know that I love a great bad man in cold tones.
- Percy has talked about "X-Force", commenting that he sees the series as a tug of war between the Head and the Fist of Krakoa's mutant special forces. Taking advantage of the fact that they are on the island of Krakoa, they can put more biotechnology in the armament.
This is a dirty book. A dark book… a book soaked with poison, ”says Percy.
- Going to “New Mutants”Brisson says that Bobby is going out into space, teaming up with the Starjammers to bring Cannonball back to Krakoa. This version will also include characters from Generation X and Young X-Men. White then asks how many people like Glob Herman and applause from the crowd.
The New Mutants will act as a kind of welcome committee for mutants who come to Krakow back to Earth. We are finding new and interesting ways to use characters that make them cooler.
- The following is "Fallen Angels", from which they advance that Kwannon will be the great focus of the book. It will be called Psylocke. The series will explore how characters like X-23, Kwannon and Cable feel uncomfortable in Krakoa. Husk and Bling will join the Fallen Angels team.
- Finally, in the round of questions and answers they have given other details:
- They have confirmed that we will see Franklin and Valeria in Krakoa.
- When asked whether or not we will see that Gambit is a Sinister clone, White says that it is an alternative future and, therefore, at this point, White does not believe that Gambit is a Sinister clone in the main continuity.
- A fan asked if Molly Hayes is in Krakoa, to which White replied that this is something they should talk to Runaways.
- Percy also advanced that we will see more X-23 in "X-Force".
The series sees Logan on a mission to stop humans who take advantage of the skills / gifts offered by the mutant nation of Krakoa.
I couldn't be more anxious to put my own mark on this inherited character alongside Adam Kubert, ”Percy acknowledges.
Confirmed: Chris Claremont works on a secret project by 2020
Comic writer Chris Claremont, who has left an indelible mark on the X-Men universe, has confirmed that he worked on new projects for Marvel by 2020. Marvel's editor-in-chief, C.B. Cebulski announced the news during his panel with the writer at the New York Comic Con.
Cebulski's words were limited to the following:
We will see more of Chris Claremont writing in Marvel next year.
No further details have been given.
Star Wars relaunch for 2020
As it was seen coming since we knew that the series "Star Wars" would end this November, Marvel Comics has announced in the New York Comic Con the relaunch of the Star Wars series from the writer Charles Soule and the artist Jesús Saiz, to transport us to the period of time between "The Empire Strikes Back" Y "Return of the Jedi", episode V and VI, as opposed to the series started in 2015 that stood between "A new hope" Y "The Empire Strikes Back" (Episodes IV and V)
This is how they describe the first issue that will be launched in January:
In the wake of the events that followed the Rebellion of the Empire, it is a dark time for the heroes of the Rebellion. The rebel fleet ... dispersed after a disastrous defeat at the Battle of Hoth. Han Solo ... lost because of Boba Fett bounty hunter, after being frozen in carbonite. And after being attracted to a trap in Cloud City and defeated in a vicious duel of lightsabers against the evil Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker ... learned the horrible truth about his past. Vader didn't kill Luke's father, Anakin. Vader is Luke's father! Now, after escaping the clutches of the lord of darkness, and wounded and staggering by revelation, Luke, Princess Leia, Lando Calrissian, Wookiee Chewbacca and the droids C-3PO and R2-D2 must fight to return to the Rebel Alliance, because the fate of the entire galaxy is at stake! After so many defeats, is victory still possible? But, what Leia, Luke and their band of freedom fighters do not realize is that they have only exchanged one imperial trap for another! The cunning and vindictive Imperial Commander Zahra comes into play, commanding the Will of Tarkin!
It should be remembered that in December, the one-shot "Star Wars: Empire Ascendant" It will serve as an epilogue of the Star Wars series, in addition to concluding the trips of the characters Doctor Aphra and Valance of their respective series.
So, you're asking if the “starts right at the end of The Empire Strikes Back” is just a figure of speech, nope! Here’s #JesusSaiz ’S first pages for issue 1 of the new #StarWars ongoing series from @Marvel launching in January, written by @CharlesSoule with edits by @MarkPaniccia pic.twitter.com/Sk3Bam1qJs
- David Macho (@davidmacho) October 4, 2019
One-shots of Ruins of Ravencroft
In the consequences of Absolute Carnage, the RavenCroft Institute for crazy criminals receives a major renovation. But can an extreme makeover at Cletus Kasady's birthplace exorcise his foundational demons?
Announced Thursday morning at a panel for Direct Market retailers in New York Comic Con, the writer Frank Tieri will write three one-shot dedicated to “Ruins of Ravencroft”, starring Carnage, Sabretooth and Dracula, along with a limited five-number series that the new Ravencroft will explore which includes new staff member John Jameson.
Here are the official Marvel Comics descriptions of each series:
Ruins of Ravencroft: Carnage # 1
Writer: Frank Tieri
Artist: Pending to announce
After Absolute Carnage, the Marvel Universe still needs a place to treat and rehabilitate crazy criminals, and efforts to rebuild Ravencroft are well advanced. But Ravencroft is not an ordinary installation, and it is possible that there are still untold secrets waiting to be unearthed in the destruction that Carnage left after its attack on the installation.
Ruins of Ravencroft: Saber Teeth # 1
Writer: Frank Tieri
Artist: Pending to announce
The history of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane It has been shrouded in mystery for years. No more! Behind the Absolute Carnage, the installation's past has begun to unravel, and in doing so has revealed hidden chapters in the lives of some of the most recognized heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe.
Ruins of Ravencroft: Dracula # 1
Writer: Frank Tieri
Artist: Pending to announce
For the men and women of the Marvel Universe, the Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane It seemed to be a hospital dedicated to the rehabilitation of the most violent criminals in society. But appearances can be misleading, and - as Captain America learned from bad times - some secrets have teeth.
Ravencroft # 1 (of 5)
Writer: Frank Tieri
Artist: Pending to announce
RAVENCROFT REABRIED ITS DOORS!
After the hellish horrors of Absolute Carnage, the Ravencroft Institute has received a much-needed face lift and is open to business with a new staff, including John Jameson, who seeks to atone for the role he played in Absolute Carnage. But will Ravencroft convert the mentally unstable villains of the Marvel Universe to honest citizens and give John the redemption he is looking for, or will he fall prey to the seemingly sinister nature of the hospital?
Other short news from the NYCC2019
The convention has left us other fast headlines, away from the big announcements of new collections and relaunches, among which we can comment:
- In "Valkyrie: Jane Foster" let's find out why Grim Reaper has been chasing Jane. "What we will receive ... the soul of a hero will fall", Ewing has commented to the same that advances that an next number, Jane will summon a team of “powerful doctors”, saying that it will be as if “‘ Grey's Anatomy ’was full of punches”.
- From “Fantastic Four # 15”, we discovered that the FF may not be able to leave the planet Spire. Johnny Storm will discover that he has a soulmate. In addition Slott revealed that they will present new characters.
- At the end of the year it will arrive "Incoming", an 80-page special for which Dan Slott and Al Ewing will write part of the main story. In addition, many of the creators currently working for Marvel will contribute pages related to the titles they are working on.
- Going to “Silver Surfer Black”, Cates defines it as one of the best projects in which he has had the opportunity to work. "It's kind of Jack Kirby, Stan Lee ... a tribute to Parable ... it's about finding the light inside him without succumbing to the darkness.".
- As to “Absolute Carnage”, Cates has commented that "Not in a million years I thought you would hug this serial killer with a nuclear bomb ... I rarely regret a promise I made and the fight between Dark Carnage and Vulk ... is huge", and confirms that Absolute Carnage is really the end of the first part of a larger story he is telling. “Venom Island” it is also a direct branch of the Absolute Carnage.
- Finally, CB Cebulski has announced "Marvels X" Alex Ross, Jim Krueger and Well-Bee, which is a prequel to Earth X. The series will follow David, the last human being on Earth who lives in a world of monsters who would love to devour him. While these creatures see it only as prey, they are their former neighbors. David has one hope: to reach New York, where Captain America and the rest of the heroes are. ”
Association of Marvel and Warhammer for new line of comics in 2020
Finally, close by commenting on the new collaboration signed between Marvel and Warhammer why they launch a new line of titles in 2020, without specifying many more details at the moment.
We have no more details that we can share right now (we like to imagine that, as we write, super cool clandestine meetings are taking place in a hidden den somewhere) but, be assured, as soon as there is more information, we will bring it to you right here, ”says a Games Workshop statement.
I can't tell you how excited we are to dive into the depths of Warhammer's expansive universes, ”adds Marvel editor Mark Basso. In Marvel, it is not strange to tell stories deeply focused on the characters in a world of interconnected stories, and fans will love what we are already beginning to prepare with the team Games Workshop for Warhammer comics.
This is the fourth most important license that Marvel has obtained, after Star wars from Lucasfilm, Conan of Cabinet Entertainment and League of Legends from Riot Games.
Via information | Warhammer-Community