Tonight on TV8 Under Siege – White House Down is back on the air, 2013 action thriller directed by Roland Emmerich starring Jamie Foxx, Channing Tatum and Maggie Gyllenham.
In the film, police officer John Cale (Tatum) finds himself having to protect his daughter and the President of the United States (Foxx) from attack by a group of paramilitaries seeking revenge. With the national government in chaos and time passing inexorably, it’s up to him to save the president, his daughter and the country.
On the occasion of the return to TV, we have collected for you 5 curiosities not to be missed about Sotto Sedio – White House Down:
- Under Siege – White House Down is one of two films released in 2013 to focus on a siege of the White House. The other is Attack on Power – Olympus Has Fallen starring Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart, the latter as the President of the United States.
- The white tank top Channing Tatum wears in the film is a Homage to Bruce Willis’ look in The Crystal Trap, first chapter of the Die Hard saga.
- Emmerich inserted two self-citations into the film. The first is present during the guided tour, when the guide points out to visitors that they are in the portion of the White House distrutta in Independence Day, while the second is a scene where helicopters fly through the buildings of Waghinston reminiscent of a Godzilla sequence. Both films were directed by Emmerich himself.
- Jamie Foxx based his performance on Barack Obama, who was the incumbent President of the United States at the time.
- The film screened in the White House private cinema where the terrorists are hiding is Lawrence of Arabia.
For more information, we leave you to our review of Under Siege – White House Down.